why gamified cohousing?
Over 10% of our buildings are empty* and construction Industry emits 44% of all CO2 into the atmosphere
THE OLD BUILDINGS
We are loosing the ability
to negotiate differences with our neighbors as it is too easy to avoid or click them away!
Ageing population and
millenial's fluid life styles
demand change of
THINK & PAYS YOU
Construction Industry emits 44% of all CO2 into the atmosphere, 2x more than the transportation industry!
Finland is Nr1 in demolishing buildings in Europe
Study from Tampere UT 2016
Third-home purchases swell to record proportions. We build because cities need to consume the capitalism surplus not because people are homeless!
retrieved from bloomberg 25th NOv 2018
Over 10% of our buildings are empty, yet we build more and more.
"Three months ago we read that loneliness has become an epidemic among young adults. Now we learn that it is just as great an affliction of older people. A study by Independent Age shows that severe loneliness in England blights the lives of 700,000 men and 1.1m women over 50, and is rising with astonishing speed."
"Loneliness is a serious public-health problem"
"With a smaller generation (echo boomers) following a larger generation (baby boomers) for the first time in history, we’re caught in the trap of “diers” vs. “buyers.” Essentially, millions more people will be leaving the housing market than entering it. With sellers drastically exceeding buyers, there will be a huge housing glut. And as we learned in Economics 101, when supply outpaces demand, prices drop proportionally. That’s why we’re looking at another massive housing market crash just ahead. But demographics also tell us other important things about real estate. Just as the aging of baby boomers and echo boomers will cause the next housing market crash, it will have widely varying effects on other real estate categories and geographies. That will create a number of profitable opportunities for those who are savvy enough to take advantage of these little understood trends, just like those we mentioned earlier."
retrieved ffrom https://economyandmarkets.com/category/markets/real-estate/ on 30.22.2018
"In the context of real estate we have to be concerned about whether the tech industry will learn real estate faster than real estate learns tech. At the moment real estate is losing, and badly."
Antony Slumbers at REWORK Summit next Wednesday, from his blog Real Estate and technological denial
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
If you have an empty property, we buy it or lease it then we apply the 5 following principles:
THIS IS OUR LATEST PROJECT
what are the big targets of
- Fight loneliness (Preventive health)
- No construction of new buildings if others are empty nearby (environment)
- Renovate old buildings or add extensions to old ones (heritage)
- Gather information, conduct research and runs public debates
- Transform architecture into a process rather than a product based service
- Adoption of multiple home ownership schemes to prevent housing market speculation
- Measure the ecoloogical footprints of the cohousing, gamer/inhabitants
- Implement AI for a better living and working patterns of Cohousing and co-working spaces (user has the data ownership).
- Create living and working communities where people negotiate differences locally (political literacy), in a more economically, ecologically and socially sustainable way, with adaptable physical and social design where users can master their own social rules within that community via game mechanics.
WHY INVEST IN
alternative REAL ESTATE solutions IN FINLAND?
- Finns pay their bills on time and obey the rule of law
- Finland is one of the safest country in the world
- Finnish economy is growing (also the real estate industry with record numbers in 2018, see here the report)
- Finland is a leader in innovation
- With retiring baby boomers and fluid life style millenials we can expect more sellers than buyers, the real estate market needs alternative solutions